Cladseal – Facade Waterproofing, DPC & Air Sealing
The Cladseal System is the optimum material in the market to use for facade waterproofing, air sealing and damp proof course (often abbreviated to DPC). It is a complete system, which prevents rain and water from entering the buildings and prevents air leaks in the structure.
The Cladseal System
The Cladseal System incorporates a range of products giving full freedom in construction and application of the weather sealing attachment against the window frame and/or load carrying structures, both at the exterior and the interior walls of the building. Sourcing all components from one supplier means compatible components and best possible logistics. The Cladseal system offers EPDM for exterior weatherproofing and Butyl where low vapour permeability is requested. The Cladseal system is certified according to CE standards EN14909 and EN 13984.
Cladseal can be fixed to any building substrate using the following methods:
- Adhered in separate contact adhesive ( Cladseal INT (interior) or Cladseal EXT (exterior)+ Contact Adhesive 5000)
- Adhered in separate high viscosity paste adhesive (Cladseal EXT or Cladseal INT + Paste Adhesive 3300)
- Adhered with self adhesive, butyl adhesive backing (Cladseal SA)
- Adhered with factory applied, self adhesive strips on one or two edges ( Cladseal SA-Fix )
- Mechanically fixed in a designed groove, with factory applied extruded EPDM profile ( Cladseal P-Fix )
The Cladseal Product
The EPDM and Butyl membranes, with their cross-linked molecular structure, have negligible aging over time, despite exposure to the atmosphere, sunlight, UV radiation, chemical pollutions, water and extremes of temperature. EPDM and Butyl contain no plasticisers which can leach out over time or migrate to other materials. The strength and elasticity remains virtually unchanged over decades, without shrinkage, melting, hardening or cracking, and the membrane remains flexible at temperatures from -40 to + 150°C.
Because of its stable molecular structure EPDM or Butyl does not affect other building materials or cause migration, staining or discoloration.EPDM and Butyl has a low weight and a documented service life exceeding 50 years. It does not contain any CFCs, HCFCs, pthalates, dioxins, low grade hydrocarbons or other harmful chemicals. Because of this, a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is very favourable when compared to alternative products. Butyl has similar properties as EPDM, combined with a extremely low water vapour permeability.
Benefits Of The Cladseal System
- Temperature resistant. Maintains its elasticity and extensibility irrespective of temperature.
- Biological resistant. Resistant to microbiological degradation, rodents, fungi and bacteria.
- Elastic. Can elongate over 300 %, with over 100 % multi dimensional elongation, and will always return to its original size and shape after elongation. Will therefore accommodate any thermal or structural movements in a building structure.
- Proven history. EPDM and Butyl membranes have been used for over 50 years in the building and civil engineering industry. The flexible membrane with the longest history.
- Tough and puncture resistant. Not affected by mechanical abuse, or extreme pressure loads.
- Resistant to building materials. EPDM and Butyl contain no plasticisers or additives that can migrate to other building materials and are compatible with any building substrates.
- Chemical resistant. EPDM or Butyl are not affected by other building materials, like mortar, cement, polystyrene, or acids.
- Not affected by water. EPDM and Butyl are completely unaffected by water and moisture, and absorb no measurable amount of water.
- Environmental friendly products. Contains no environmental pollutants. Can be re-cycled, burned or disposed without any effects on the environment.
- An engineered Cladding system. All components and a full range of technical solutions from one supplier.
- Weather resistant. Resistant to atmosphere, UV light and airborne pollutions. Service life expectancy exceeds 50 years.
System Approval and Certification
- CE – EN 13984 Flexible sheets for waterproofing. Plastic and rubber vapour control layer.
- CE – EN 14909 Plastic and rubber damp proof courses.
- ATG approval.